Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yoga Can Save Lives

The other day I was stuck in a chair, at a computer for 8 full hours without being able to move around at all. I had gotten used to working the last few weeks in another department and being able to stand or move around or work on some other project as needed to keep my legs and back from protesting. Monday was brutal and I really thought that I was not going to make it to the end of my shift.

Well, I lived through it… barely! I was gearing up for the “I can’t work anymore” talk with my husband as I went off to the yoga class. I told the instructor about the low back pain and leg swelling and she tailored the class to help work on those areas and I was feeling a lot better by the end of the class!

We had one of our childbirth classes that evening and while I was still hurting I made it through and by the next day I was feeling tons better! It also helps that I only have to work the marathon chair days two days a week and then I move to another department for half the day three days a week. But the big deal is that I lived and I don’t think that I am going to have to quit or be taken out of work as soon as I was thinking after my day on Monday.

I have been employing some of the stretches throughout this week and I really think that it is helping a lot!!

Today is Thursday and I am feeling really odd, but I think that it has to do with the really late night last night. Since I have to get up at 4:45am, I generally go to bed about 9pm. Add to the time change that I had a childbirth class that is held an hours away from home last night, so I did not get to bed until after 11pm last night (body thinks its midnight remember), and I feel certain that this sickly feeling is simply being overly tired. Thank goodness that we only have one more of the far away classes and those late nights will be behind me!

I am finding that it takes more energy to do even simple tasks now, and I know that part of this is that the baby is growing and taking up more space, causing me less room for my lungs and adding weight and bulk. The other part is that I have not been able to workout as I normally would and that is causing the same issues it will cause for anyone. My goal is to do the yoga class once a week, talk a walk with mom or the hubs once a week and go swim at the gym once a week – so far, since I made this plan, like 3 weeks ago, I only manage to make it to the yoga class!

We must only be honest and let it be known that I seem to have developed a HUGE sweet tooth!! I have always enjoyed dessert, but not normally an entire cheesecake by myself!!! I can’t seem to cut back!

1 comment:

  1. i ate whatever i wanted to my 1st pregnancy and paid for that later. with liv, i didn't eat EVERYTHING but i didn't really limit myself on what i wanted either. splurge. YOURE PREGNANT!

    ReplyDelete