Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

I am overwhelmed with life at the moment and have failed to keep updating my blogs or visit Facebook or even keep up to date with my Twitter friends. It seems that trying to work full time, take childbirth classes, exercise and get the house ready for (a) the holiday's and (b) a new little person is taking up all my time. When I am free of my endless "to do" list, I am sleeping...poorly!

It seems that my added weight is causing aches and pains when I stay in one position too long, so I am waking up all night to change positions, which, by the way, takes a massive effort as my belly increases in size. My feet hurt all the time and the round ligament pain is causing a slight limp as I adjust from sitting to standing/walking. I find that I have to cut back on what I can accomplish in a week night or over a weekend each week as I find that my feet start to swell when I over do things. This means that I am lucky to get the "have to's" done each week, let alone anything special, like say getting together with friends or working on a special project.

All that being said, I am overjoyed and full of love and happiness! I am so excited about each stage of this pregnancy and while the little aches and pains sometimes get me down, I am truly trying to enjoy the experience. I am 33 years old and for the first time in my life I feel like I am really becoming Woman.. becoming the person I was always meant to be and I want to relish in the joy of this ultimate expression of womanhood.

I am amazed everyday by how lucky I am. How much I love having my life, my husbands love and this new baby. We made her from our love for each other. She is a living, breathing (well, not yet, but soon) manifestation of our love for each other. Together we have created life! What is more awesome than that?? What is more worthwhile than creating life where none was before??

I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life. I have this huge amazing, wonderful family who love me. I have a steady job that is willing to work with the schedule I want to work after the baby is born. I have a home that I love, and a dependable car. I have a few great friends who each bring something unique and special to my life. I am loved. I love. What more can anyone ask for?

There are hard times in all our lives, and those are valid issues, problems, even catastrophes, but all those little things (money woes, family upset, work trouble, home repairs, etc), seem to fade into nothing when I focus on everything that is good and special in my life.

I also think that when you look at the lives of others, it can help bring the great parts of your own life into perspective. When I look at my brother who is sleeping on friend's couches while trying to get back on his feet, I am grateful for my home. When I see a friend who struggles to find love while kissing frog after frog, I am grateful for my wonderful and amazing husband. When I see a friend struggling to make financial ends meet, I am grateful for my steady and dependable job. When I hear of someone who is unable to have a baby, I am grateful for this little life growing within me.

We all have life lessons to learn while here on this earth, but I currently feel like I have won the lottery, or have received some great honor. I have a wonderful life and I am so thankful for every moment I get to live it.

1 comment:

  1. awww i'm so glad that you're doing so well. i can't wait til the baby gets here!

    ReplyDelete