Monday, January 19, 2009

GodMother

I the midst of all the emotional turmoil involved with losing my job, there is a large bright spot!

My husband and I have become very good friends with the photographers who captured our wedding. We really love spending time with them and they have an 8 year old son who is one of the coolest kids ever!

Smug-Hub and I actually use some of his lines in our daily life, for example, we were talking with him one day and I said something, Smug-Hub told him that I had lied about whatever it was that I had told him. I told them both that I had not lied, just exaggerated. Smug-Hub told me not to use words that the child could not understand. Well, the poor kid took offence, saying "I know that word, I am in third grade, do I look like I'm in first??" We laughed and laughed! So now whenever someone says something insensitive, we ask if we look like we are in first grade!

Anyway, we spent most of the weekend with them and last night, they asked us if, when they are all confirmed into the Catholic church next year, would Smug-Hub and I be Nate's god parents!

We were so honored and touched. I can't even put into words how much that means to me and I know Smug-Hub is over the moon. Although, he might just want to be able to call himself "The Don"

This morning I start training for my new position. I am trying really hard to be grateful that we both have money coming in. I am trying to trust in God's plan for us. I am trying not to cry. I am trying to look forward to the new opportunities that this position will afford me, trying to be excited about learning something new. I just think that it is going to take some time to fully be OK with the fact that everything that I have spent the last several years of my life doing was not worth keeping. OK, that was really a self pity statement and while I have twinges of that feeling, I am trying really hard to stop feeling sorry for myself - there are close to 60 people that I know personally, that don't have a job at all. I really need to get beyond my own self pity and be grateful... I think that I will get there, I just need time!

1 comment: