Friday, March 28, 2008

Still Alive!

I am finally starting to feel better on a more regular basis and I am loving it! It is so nice to wake up and not feel like jumping in front of a bus. I guess that I had been feeling so lousy for so long that I had forgotten what it was like to wake up happy to greet the day :)

I have been slammed with work both from school and the ole' pay check generating job - normally it has worked out that when I am slammed with school work, the job is moving really slowly and I am able to get some stuff done while in the office, and when work slams into high gear the school work tends to level out. This is not the case lately!

I am still having team initiative issues and having felt so bad recently I let myself and the team get behind and have been scrambling to get caught up. I also took on another class to get myself back on track with everyone else and while this class is going to be a ton of fun and the instructor seems really laid back, it is still a second classes worth of reading and work to get done.

I was handed a project on Wednesday afternoon here at the office that had a deadline of April 1!! I have been scrambling and sweating to get the necessary party's on board, gather all the information that is needed and generally running around crazy all week. Today at about 3pm the head dudes decided that the benefits were not worth what it was going to cost us to make it happen and laid down the kibosh - I am feeling a bit deflated about the whole thing, all that time (that I could have been working on homework or something) wasted.

My husband is going to be out of town this weekend and most of next week, and I have planned myself to the hilt while he is gone. This is done partly because if I am really busy, I won't miss him as much and partly because I really need to get all this stuff done! I have an eyebrow waxing appointment at 9am tomorrow (Saturday), then a few little things to do around the house before taking him to the airport at 2, I have a 2:30 hair cut, I need to get my glasses fixed, pick up a load of boxes from mom's attic, grocery shop, I am supposed to make dinner for my brother (we will see if he shows up) and then there is the notebook page full of homework assignments. Sunday I am going to hit the early mass, then have brunch with my long lost Sassy, then it will be house cleaning, laundry, and more homework!

I was hoping to fit in a massage because I have been in a lot of pain this week. I think that I must have slept on my arm funny or pulled something without knowing it. It started Monday morning and hurts in my neck on the left side, down into my back on the left side and down into my left arm. My fingers on the left hand sort of tingle like my arm is just starting to fall asleep. I went to the chiropractor and it is slightly better - as in, I am not on the heating pad all day at work and crying myself to sleep at night. The pain is bearable, but not gone and still sucks ass. I don't see where this weekend I am going to find the time to relax and get rubbed.

Monday after work I am going to take a walk with mom and catch up with her as I have not laid eyes on her since we moved. I will get another load of boxes from her place then too.

Tuesday is free, maybe I can get a massage Tuesday.

Wednesday and Thursday I have class!!

Oh Boy!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Sweetie! Hope you are feeling better! Sorry I bailed on you Sunday--but you will thank me in the long run.

    Hope you get that massage...if not...the Yoga Center is having a spa day on the 12th for $20--maybe we can catch that together.

    ReplyDelete