Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baby Aches and Other Updates on Life

I got my hair cut this past weekend and my hairdresser (and friend) was telling me that she and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years without success and she is planning to see the fertility doctor, along with her husband, this week. This has set me into a bit of a panic mode. She is just about 1 year exactly younger than I am and had been on the pill about the same number of years, so the similarities are there and I am already about to burst from the need to have a family, so it was not a boost to me to say the least!

My husband is out of town this week, so I sent him a long e-mail detailed this and my other fears and concerns. I know that once the baby gets here he will wonder why we waited so long, and can't imagine life without him or her. He just needs time to get used to the idea, but my biological clock is ticking so loudly that I am unable to sleep through it; I have baby or pregnancy dreams almost every night and every thought that I have is about having a baby. I have not had alcohol since New Years Eve. I don't drink caffeine, until I got sick recently and had to take an antibiotic and sinus medicine, I had not had anything drug related (even going through my period without Advil) in 3 months. I am also off the prescriptions now too. I think about everything that I do as how it relates to a pregnant person. I want to "pretend" to be pregnant to get an idea of how good at it I will be - how silly is that?

I hope that he will read my e-mail, give it some thought and come home on the same page as I am and we can get started trying! Maybe all my fears will be for nothing and we will get pregnant on the first try!

In other news, I have spent a great deal of time doing homework this week and it is all due this week, I have not done anything to get ahead on next weeks work. I had to compile the team project, create a cover letter for our survey, create the Power Point presentation, do the math problems due this week, correct the math problems for last week, write a paper on sample sizes, and write up a presentation and handouts for a individual presentation. All this is for the Research and statistics class. For the Legal Aspects class, I had to write 6 case briefs, I did all these last night then this morning realized that I had read the syllabus wrong and instead of 2 briefs from each of chapters 5, 6 & 7, I should have done 2 briefs each from chapters 5, 7 & 9. So I have two more to write tonight. I still have not heard anything from my legal aspects team regarding the team article that we have to present, so I guess that I am going to have to do that too.

What the hell am I doing blogging, when I have all this stuff to get done??? I still have about 8 hours of shows on the DVR that I have got to start plowing through or they will start falling off!!

I have class Tomorrow and Thursday night so tonight is the only night that I have to get this stuff done!

At least Smug-Hub will be home tomorrow night!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment