Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day off - NOT!

Yesterday was Friday and I had the day off. I had the day planned out down to the minute. I asked Smug-Hub to get a ride into work in the morning, so I would not have to break up my study schedule, but he failed to do this.

The plan was to sleep in as long as I wanted to, then take the first pass over the stats class final exam, then pack up some of my winter clothes and unpack the summer stuff. I was then going to have lunch and take another pass over the final exam, before heading to my chiropractor appointment and massage. After the massage I was going to come home and get the house cleaned up and some of the dinner prep, before picking Smug-Hub up and getting back here to get dinner on the table for Dad and Smug-StepMom.

What really happened was, I slept in a bit and had breakfast, then took Smug-Hub and headed for the office. On the way he decided that we have to buy a lawn mower ( which was true, the lawn is getting out of hand), so we headed over to Wal-Mart, which was fine with me as I needed a few things for the dinner, but it turned into an hour long discussion with the lawn and garden guy and then a trip to Lowe's before I finally dropped him at the office.

It was noon before I got home and I barely had enough time to straighten up the house a bit before heading to the chiropractor. The massage ran a bit long as I got slightly lost trying to find the lady's house, so I had to run right to pick up Smug-Hub, who was in the middle of finishing up an e-mail and two orders, when the power was cut off by the maintenance people (they were trying to install something and did not want to get electrocuted) He had to get the power back on and finish his tasks before coming to the car. He had forgotten to check the gas level in the grill, so once we arrived home he had to run back out to the store.

I showered (oily from massage), finished straightening up the house, made the salad, ice tea, peeled and chopped the potatoes and got them cooking to make mashed potatoes, then chopped veggies for this corn, squash, zucchini dish, and sliced strawberries for dessert. He got home the same time my parents arrived and got the steaks on the grill and poured wine for my step-mom. I whipped the cream for dessert and mashed the potatoes and dinner all came together without an issue! The food was good and there was good conversation. My step-mother drank most of the bottle of wine and thus was VERY relaxed and happy! They stayed until almost midnight!

I slept this morning until about 7:30 and am currently having some breakfast, before attempting to get yesterday's schedule applied to today!

I got a new scale yesterday and weighed 180 this morning - that means that I have lost 5 pounds since I was at the doctor! At least, that is how I am going to look at it, given that it was the middle of the day and I was fully dressed at the doctors office. I am still going to consider it progress! I am looking forward to starting Weight Watchers this coming week!

I have not started by period yet and I should have started Thursday or Friday, I guess that my cycle is not really back to normal yet from the pill, so I guess that I will just have to watch how I feel and hope that I don't start in the middle of the night or something - gerrr, the downside of going off the pill!


  1. Congrats on the weight loss, Smug. You're going to be in great shape by the time you're preggers. I hope you're able to catch up on all those delayed chores--it's so hard to keep to a schedule these days.

  2. Hey sweetie! Glad you went and got a needed one! We need to get together soon (not this week-GMAT!), but soon....I owe you anyway! Maybe I will make you lunch or something next week.