Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Do Not Like Green Beans and Ham!!

Well, here I was thinking that I was not having any morning sickness and then I take a nice walk through the break room on my way back up to my office and wham! I get about knocked over by the stench of cooked (canned) green beans and ham. The lunch ladies were selling it to all the hungry workers today. I thought I was going to puke right then and there! I got back up to my office and drank some water, but I felt like the smell was stuck in my nose hairs and I could not get away from it!!!!! It finally dissipated and I am back to feeling fine now!

I was feeling a little worried last night, like I was not having any pregnancy symptoms and thinking maybe that I was not really pregnant, like maybe all those tests were wrong. I got to talking with a Doula on the phone last night and she said that some women don't have any of those symptoms and if I am a healthy well nourished person, it may be perfectly fine not to feel badly!

I have noticed a lot of low back pain, which is slightly odd for me. Normally my shoulders hurt a lot from being hunched over a desk all day (and night, if I have a class). Low back pain is normally not my issue.

I went to the gym with Sassy last night. We did 30 minutes of the elliptical machine (about 275 calories burned) and a 10 minute cool down on the treadmill (about 45 calories burned). I feel really good about it. I worked up a good sweat, but made sure not to get my heart rate up too high. I also stopped when I started to feel slightly shaky, so I would say that it was a really good start.

Smug-Hub is taking me for a walk along the river (on the Green way) after work tonight if the rain holds off. That will be nice too. I figure that if Sassy walks with me once a week and Smug-Hub walks with me once a week and Mom walks with me once a week I will get 3 days of exercise in at least.

Also, people (family, friends, co-workers) seem to think that I am a freak of nature because I like to plan things and schedule things, so I just want to make it clear that I LOVE planning, I LOVE schedules - to be without them would be very hard for me to deal with and would cause me stress. So, I am going to plan and schedule my little heart out and if at some point something does not work out the way I plan or schedule I will be fine - just look at how I handled my wedding. I did not turn all Bridezilla on anyone, I did not throw a tantrum when I forgot to put in my contacts, I was fine!! I will be fine throughout this pregnancy too!

2 comments:

  1. More power to you, Smug. I hate schedules so it's good that there's people like you around to keep things on track. Even things like walks during pregnancy. BTW, keep some crackers around for those bouts of nausea. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Utenzi! I already have a package by the bed, in the kitchen, at my desk and in the car!! It pays to plan!!

    ReplyDelete