Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's My Birthday!

Ok, so I am 31 years old today... I have not had as much trouble with this birthday as I did last year on my 30th, but I am feeling a little worried about continuing to get older. I really want to have children, I always wanted to have a big family, and that is most likely not going to happen, but I still have time to have at least 1 or 2, but every day and week that passes the chance of having kids dwindles. I have been on the pill for about 9 years and it could take years to get pregnant after coming off the pill and I am worried that we are letting the chance to have children pass us by. I think that my husband feels that they is plenty of time to do everything that we want to do, and for him he does. I know that there are lots of women who get pregnant in their 40's, and that is great, but I don't want to be retiring at the same time my children are heading into college!!

I am also having a family dinner thing tonight. I know that my family loves me and wants to celebrate with me, but I don't feel like making a big deal about this, it is just a reminder that time is passing, and eggs are dying....

Smug-Hub is being so sweet, he took me to dinner last night and then took me to Circuit City and got me a "pre-birthday" gift, of a DVD player with up converting to 720p/1080P, so my current DVD's will play with better quality on are huge projection TV. I am excited to hook it up tonight!!

The bathroom sink has been leaking from the hot water faucet since Friday. I have been calling and leavng messages for the maint. guy and the landlord. I finally got a call back from the landload yesterday and the plumber wil be here this afternoon. I still have to leave work early to let him in, but I don't want to be at work any longer than I have to be, so that will be fine.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday!

    Don't stress about getting preggers...it will happen...and it will be soon and you will be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    I turned 30 two months after we got married. Because the wedding festivities lasted about a month (wedding, rest week, honeymoon, rest-week, big wedding reception in pittsburgh) I was happy to not do a damn thing to celebrate. I also did not stress at all about getting older, though I think it traumatized my mom a bit to have a daughter that age... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - Thanks!!

    Evil - My mom did the same thing!! Here I was stressing about turning 30 and she pipes up that she can't believe that she is old enough to have a kid that is so old!! Totally made me feel worse!

    ReplyDelete