Sunday, August 29, 2010

Get in Shape Plan

OK, so I have been giving this whole get into shape plan some thought and I think that I have come up with some short term goals and a plan of action on how to get there. I would like to lose 30 pounds by Thanksgiving, that is about 2 1/2 pounds a week which is safe and should be doable.

In order to get there I need to eat only healthy foods and work exercise into every day.

So, I have created a simple diet plan that contains some fruit, lots of veggies, whole grains and non-animal protein sources (since dairy is so hard on my system). Cutting out sugars and processed foods. I took into consideration my limited budget and am using frozen veggies to cut costs. Putting this information into BabyFit, comes to 1830 calories a day, which is a lot less than I tend to eat now, but not so low that my breastfeeding will be effected.

As for working out, I am going to do my 8 minute videos and the slim-in-6 videos on the weekdays (a total of less than 1 hour a day) and a bike ride or hike on Saturday's and Sunday's. This isn't so much exercise a day to be overwhelming but enough to start seeing results. Each activity is cardio and strength combined.

My reward for reaching the Thanksgiving goal will be to shop for some new clothes! Not to mention showing off a better looking body at holiday events!!

Wish me luck!!

1 comment: