Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Leaving On A Jet Plane

We are getting ready to leave for New Mexico in a few days. We are going for Smug-Hub's brother who is graduating from college. This will be the first time this particular brother will meet Smug-Baby and I am really excited about that, not to mention she will get to meet a lot of that side of her family for the first time.

Smug-Hub and I worked on putting her clothes together last night and we argued over how many outfits to take and which ones. I was leaning more toward the comfortable play clothes and he was leaning more toward the fancy and totally adorable. We agreed on a few of each :)

I have been making lists of everything that I need to do before we leave, but it is frustrating not to actually be able to do any of them. Like I can't really turn off the air conditioner and unplug all the electronics until we are actually getting ready to leave!

I have the whole day before we leave off from all my jobs, so I want to clean out the fridge, do laundry, put fresh sheets on the bed and stuff like that, so we come home to a clean house. Since we aren't getting home until late and both will have to work the following morning, there just won't be time for a bunch of cleaning. I am hoping to hit the grocery store on the way home from the airport so we will have breakfast food for the next day, but we will just have to see how that works.

I have been working on downloading all my photos to the new laptop, so I can 1) have the memory card free for lots of pictures while in NM and 2) so I can share what I have already taken with the family! I have synced the phones and charged the iPod's. I have purchased a little lunch bag with ice pack to take food for Smug-Baby. Now, I just have to wait until the actual day we leave to do everything else!!

I'm getting really excited and I know that I will not be able to sleep the night before we leave! If I am this excited, then Smug-Hub has to be going nuts! I know he misses his family so much!!

OK, I'm off to bed! Probably won't have time to post while we are getting ready and while gone. Take care of yourselves and be good to each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment