Friday, October 1, 2010

Blessings

I think that it is once again time to give thanks for all the wonderful things that I have in my life. I was feeling so tired and whiny yesterday, it was like everything was going wrong, from banging my head on the car door to forgetting to pay a bill. My daughter was overtired and cranky and I was just feeling down and frustrated.

Then my sweet baby girl, climbed her way up my leg and "asked" to be picked up. Then she curled her little arms around my neck, buried her face in my shoulder, giggled and sighed. That was when I remembered that I have a great life and just because this day had been kind of sucky, that little moment when she snuggled into me made everything better.

I got to thinking about all the wonderful things that my life offers me and how it is so easy to take it all for granted. I remember my mom telling me that when she and my dad were first married and had purchased their home, they were so tight on money that by the time pay day rolled around, they were splitting the last can of tomato soup for lunch that day. They were hard up and didn't have enough a lot of the time and they put all their own desires aside to raise my siblings and myself in the best way they could.

I have TV and lots of food in the pantry. I have a washer and dryer for our clothes and don't have to use the Laundromat. I have a dependable car that has never once left me stranded on the side of the road. My parents didn't have any of these things when they were new parents. I have a lot to be thankful for and I need to remember that more often.

That being said, my sweet baby did not sleep well last night and was up wanting to play about 1:30 and did not go back to sleep until 2:30 or so and as I write this before heading into work, my head is killing me and I am not sure that my neck is strong enough to hold up my huge aching head!!! However, I am grateful that I have a job to go to and a car that will get me there!! I am so thankful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment