Monday, August 8, 2011

Bed

I have been waking up with headaches and backaches for a long time now. I thought at first that it was because I was pregnant and being huge was causing my back to hurt. Then I thought it was because I was side-lying nursing and that was causing strain on my back. Then I thought it was because I was sort of squished between Smug-Hub and Smug-Baby some nights. I have decided now that it is the fact that our bed is 1) too small (queen) for three large people (OK, so Smug-Baby isn't that large, but she is tall for her age and her daddy and I are both big, so we take up her space) and 2) it is over 15 years old and was cheap to begin with.

I want a new bed. I asked Smug-Hub is we could go looking for a new bed and I thought he was going to jump out of his skin with excitement! He tells me that he also has been very uncomfortable for several years now and has been wanting a new bed. We talk about it before heading to the store that we are not going to buy a bed today, we are just going to look...

Two hours later and $2,100 lighter we have a new king sized bed to be delivered next Friday (8/19). It is the Serta version of the Tempur-Pedic bed, called iComfort, and it was a lot less expensive. It also has a 25 year warranty, so if at any time in the next 25 years we find that we are not sleeping as well as we do in the beginning, they will come out and repair or replace the bed. Also, there is a 6 month trial period, so if we get it home and decide we don't like it after a few months, we can return it for a full refund. It was also on sale by about $400 AND no interest for 24 months. So, as long as we pay $100 a month on the card, at the end of the two years, it will be paid for with no interest charges.

I am really excited. We got the flat version, but they offer a version with massage and adjustable head and foot stuff. We figured that we didn't really need that and we hadn't needed it in the past and probably wouldn't use it anyway.

So, just a few more nights of being squished and waking up with pain an headaches before our new bed arrives!

Now, I have to purchase sheets and stuff (yeah, I know, a hardship!!) and also figure out how this new big bed is going to fit into the bedroom....

No comments:

Post a Comment