Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy

I woke up this morning just before the alarm was supposed to go off. I turned it off so it wouldn't buzz and lay there a moment waking up. I was in the middle, cuddled between my husband and my sweet girl. They were both on their backs, hands behind their heads, one knee up in the air. I can't believe how much alike they are! I smiled as I watched them sleep and realized that it was Friday. My last day of work for the week and the final day of my weekly tasks around the house. Tomorrow I can sleep until I wake up, stay in bed until I want to get up and cuddle with my family until all our emotional cups are overflowing with love!

I felt really happy. I noticed that I had a smile on my face when I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I sang all the way into work and got a lot accomplished before I left for the day. I enjoyed a nice breakfast that included TWO whole pieces of toast! I was living on the edge man!!

I spent the day with my dear child, who after some separation anxiety, has decided that she likes playing in her bedroom for long periods of time (like 10 whole minutes) by herself with the door shut. She just knocks when she is ready to come back into the rest of the house. It is really cute! I worked on stuff around the house, knocking out not only my daily task of dusting, vacuuming and mopping, but I gathered up stuff for the Goodwill and did the deep cleaning tasks for the master bedroom. I'm already ahead of the game!

I made a nice dinner of burgers with potato salad, steamed asparagus and cauliflower and this zucchini, squash and corn dish and some corn on the cob. Mostly I made all this because the veggies were starting to look like they might be headed for the great veggie patch in the sky! It was nice and we sat around talking and laughing and watch Smug-Baby eat most of an entire ear of corn all by herself.

It was a good day and I foresee a lovely weekend!

I start counseling next week to deal with all my constant unhappiness. Could it be that my sub-conscious has worked through whatever was bothering me so much and now I don't even need counseling? I'm still going to go, but it was almost like the act of taking control of things and making the appointment was the defining factor and started me back on the right track. We will see I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment