Saturday, November 17, 2007

Writer's Strike.

I don't really know much about the writer's strike that is going on now, except that it has to do, in part, with getting fair compensation for the Internet playing of shows and fair compensation for future technological advances. I really wish that they could get it all worked out, because I really like all my shows and I don't want to give them up!

I am not sure if I personally am seeing the effects of the strike yet, but it does seem strange to me that shows are going on a week or 2 break from fresh episodes right in the middle of the November Sweeps. I know that most of the daily/weekly shows like Jay Leno and Saturday Night Live are already running reruns (read: off the air!) What does this mean for soaps and for the regular scripted shows?

YES, OK, I admit it!! I watch General Hospital! Give me a break, it is my little guilty pleasure and I have been watching it since I was very little, these people have been my friends and part of my life for a really long time. As dumb as it sounds, I care about what happens to them! I don't want the strike to affect them and put their "lives" on hold! What is going to happen?

Several of the weekly shows, like Desperate Housewives, Bionic Woman, and others are going on a two week break from new shows. Is this in an effort to draw out the shows that they already have shot or written? Is it going to get worse?

I really hate that I love my TV so much, but I do - I want to keep watching my shows, like I always have!

TV People: get out there and fix this!!!! NOW!!!

1 comment:

  1. So far the Writer's Strike isn't impacting me, Smug. I've got at least 20 shows I've not watched yet. Maybe you could switch to DVD movies for a week or two? Invite Sassy over. That job thing might have her down.

    ReplyDelete