Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas

This weekend was just what I needed. I had been feeling so run down and stressed and overwhelmed that I really needed the weekend to get myself back in check. I realized that I haven't been taking care of myself very well. I have not been drinking enough water throughout the day and I can't remember the last time I ate a vegetable!

Friday after leaving Smug-Sister's place and taking care of Gramps, Smug-Baby fell asleep and I was able to clean my whole house while she slept and vacuum as soon as she woke up. It really took every ounce of my strength to get it done, but once complete, I was totally stoked! This would leave me time Saturday to run errands, finish laundry and grocery shop along with all the other stuff I needed to do. By the time Smug-Hub arrived home, I was ready for a hot shower and a back rub and then I went to bed!!

Saturday morning, my first task was Gramps and then to a photo session for Smug-Baby. However, my wonderful and amazing photographers had a family emergency and needed to reschedule, so my morning was suddenly open. Almost immediately after hanging up with them, my dad called and invited Smug-Baby and I to breakfast, so we did that! After that, Smug-Grandma called and an old friend of hers was visiting, so we headed over there to say hi.

After those nice visits, Smug-Baby and I took the vacuum cleaner to two different repair places, both of which told me it was not worth repairing, which is a huge bummer since I seem to have lousy luck with vacuums and then we hit up the grocery store. By the time we headed home she was really ready for a nap and while she slept I worked on laundry and watched some shows on the DVR.

It was snowing pretty hard when she woke up, so I took her outside to catch her first snowflakes on her nose and eyelashes! We took care of Gramps and got home in time to get a nice dinner on the table for Smug-Hub who had worked all day. We spent some time rolling on the floor playing with her baby girl and then headed off to bed.

Sunday morning no one had to work besides the visits to Gramps and while Smug-Baby and I took care of that Smug-Hub started setting up the Christmas tree and we spent the day decorating the house and tree. When I got back from my evening visit with Gramps, the whole house was lit up and looking lovey! Smug-Baby liked the tree OK, but didn't try to pull herself up on it or anything. I did stop decorating it about two feet from the bottom, so she would not be tempted to pull down any glass balls or anything.

I uploaded some pictures and videos to Facebook and we had leftovers for dinner. It was a full but relaxed Sunday and I feel much better about the week ahead!

 Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment