Friday, January 21, 2011

11 Months

Only 4 more super short weeks until the one year mark. I have been thinking a lot about what I was doing one year ago. I remember thinking that I was sure she was going to come early and I should make sure to have everything 100% ready and done before the end of the month. I was sure she was going to come the last weekend in January because of the full moon.

Smug-Baby has started giving kisses this month. They are open mouth, tongue out kisses, but kisses all the same!

She has been sick so much of this last month that she has almost stopped walking altogether. She isn't feeling great, so she wants to be held and carried as much as possible.

This bout of illness has brought our family to it's knees. First Smug-Hub was sick, then I got sick, then I got sick again, then both Smug-Baby and I got sick and about the time I thought she was feeling better, the ear infection hit and we are still dealing with that. I think she is teething again too, so she mostly feels like shit!

Tooth number 6 has broken through officially and I feel there will be more to come!

She is getting more interested in food and likes to put in her mouth whatever we may be eating. I have given her pieces of fruit and vegetable to play with and chew on, most of which ends up on the floor. She will also try anything from my spoon or fork - however, there can be any real food there, she likes the taste of the sauce or soup, but not any real substance yet. If she gets a glob of something she shudders and works to get it out of her mouth and then will push the spoon or folk away.

She even tried Kombucha with a little Emergin-C yesterday. It is sparkly so she was intreged by the bubbles and even though she kept whipping her head away, she would come right back for more. It was cute!

She is understanding more words. If you say "where is daddy?" she will move her eyes around the room until she finds him and then look back at you and grin. She understands when I sing the cookie monster song from one of her toys that it is from that toy and will look around to try to spot it. She will find your nose easily now.

She is the light of my life and I love her so much. I am looking very forward to her feeling right as rain and no longer pulling on her ear or chewing on her hands. I want her to be happy all the time - is that so wrong?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment