Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a really lovely weekend! It began with my dad and step-mom stopped by to see if they could witness Smug-Baby walking and ended up staying for dinner. It was nice to just hang out and relax and play with the baby.

I woke up about 3:15 and was frustrated that I was awake (nursing) and only had 45 minutes to sleep before I had to get up for work. Then, when I remembered it was Saturday, I was so excited about the prospect of sleeping in, that I couldn't get back to sleep. So, I got up and by 6am had cleaned my whole house with the exception of the vacuuming because I didn't want to wake my family.

Then I went to the Weight Watchers meeting. It was frustrating because I lost 13 pounds on my own and decided that I needed/wanted to really jump start my weight loss and get some real numbers going and since I have been following Weight Watchers, I have done nothing but gain. I was up 2 pounds this week. It also doesn't make sense because my clothes are fitting looser and I had to tighten my belt another notch and people are telling me that I seem to have lost weight, so I don't get it.

Anyway, after the meeting, I went home because Smug-Hub had to go into work for a while. I put Smug-Baby in the back pack and vacuumed the house, emptied the dishwasher and folded some laundry. I then took a shower and we had some breakfast before we headed out to see Gramps.

After leaving his place, we went to my nephew's basketball game and it was lovely to watch him and play pass the babies between Smug-Baby and Smug-Niece. Smug-Baby has decided that whatever Smug-Niece has, that is what she wants. If it is a toy, Smug-Baby wants that toy. If Smug-Niece drops the toy, Smug-Baby no longer has any interest in that toy. It is funny to watch, but can get really frustrating!!

After the game, I was starving, so Smug-Baby and I went to the Indian restaurant for a Mother/Daughter meal. Smug-Baby was the hit of the restaurant, even letting the hostess hold her for a few moments. She tried bites of everything that I ate and seemed to really like it, even though it was spicy. When we finished, she fell asleep in the car.

When we got home, I laid her down and made a grocery list and folded more laundry until Smug-Hub got home and it was time for me to leave for my massage.

OMG!! It was amazing and I felt like a limp noodle after! My brother-in-law got me the gift certificate for Christmas and I enjoyed every second of being pampered!!

I went to take care of Gramps and then headed over to meet Smug-Hub and Smug-Baby and my dad's place. They invited us to come back for dinner, so we headed off to visit to the new Wal-Mart (it sounds so redneck to say that we spent our Saturday evening hanging at Wal-Mart, but its new and really huge, and we needed ice!!)

Dinner was nice and then we all went home and crashed into bed. 3am had started to catch up to me by 9:30 that night!!

Sunday we meant to go to mass, but we were having so much fun playing in bed with the baby that time got away from us. We made a big breakfast instead and spent most of the day hanging out and playing.

We did go back to the new Wal-Mart to do the grocery shopping and I was disappointed to find that, while this store is one of the 4 largest in the state, the selection of alternative items, like tofu, veggie hot dogs and such was still very slim. Less even, than another local Wal-Mart near work, so that was frustrating.

We ran into Smug-Sister and after we all completed our shopping she came by our house to hang out. We never get to hang out and talk anymore. I know that I am over at her place all the time, but she is working and I am baby wrangling, so its not the same. Smug-Baby napped through the whole visit.

My nephew and I got playing around and he punched me and I blocked it with my thumb. Now my thumb is all jammed and swollen and red. You never realize how much you use your thumb until it hurts!!

I went back out to take care of Gramps and pick up a few things from Kroger that Wal-Mart didn't have and came home to make dinner and get everyone ready for bed. Now, Smug-Baby is playing and her daddy and I are waiting for that little eye rub thing that will tell us she is ready for sleep!! It was a lovely, family filled, love filled weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment