Friday, January 28, 2011

Walking

So, she is like totally walking now! More than just falling with style, she is actually balancing and taking steps. She can turn and go in another direction if she chooses and she can pivot in a circle. More times than not when she is doing any of this is results in falling forward or backward onto her butt, but she is getting the hang of it!!

I remember that my nephew took his first steps on his one year birthday and since he is totally gifted, I figure that Smug-Baby walking this early, means that she is totally gifted too :) I mean it, my nephew is really brilliant! He has this sharp little mind and can work things out so fast it will make your head spin. He is a really talented artist who works up these little story lines for his drawings that are so cool! He is funny and sweet and loving and helpful and polite and totally wonderful and massively gifted!! So, I would be beyond stoked if my little Smug-Baby took after him!!

She hasn't been sleeping well for a while, and I am at a loss for what to do about it. Last night, she was up until after 11 and since I have to get up for work at 4:30, I was quite (understandably I think) frustrated and she just wanted to play. It wasn't like she was even tired, until she was and then she fell right to sleep. However, about 3 she cried and I switched sides, then she spent the next hour and half pinching me in her sleep, which means that she wasn't in a deep sleep. Since I am working from home today, I decided to sleep in a for a bit, but ultimately got up by 5:30 to go get started on my work and didn't get back into a restful sleep.

I am sitting here now, Smug-Baby asleep in the bedroom, listening to the printer hum as my big quarterly project prints. I will be taking it to be bound and shipped as soon as the printing is complete. I already baked a batch of cookies for my photography class group (its the last night of this particular class) and taken a shower. I have been doing all this between loading paper into the printer and sorting the pages. I love working from home!! This is much more convenient for me - however, getting all my stuff back to the office tomorrow morning is going to be a pain!!

After making sure that everything is shipped and away and finished, I will go see Gramps and then, if possible, I would like to go to the wake of a women who worked for my company. She and her sister were always here together and from what I understand they have always been insepreable. They have both been very sweet to Smug-Hub and I when we were dating and they got us a lovely wedding gift (China cake plate), and made a blanket for Smug-Baby when she came along. Smug-Hub and I both have a special place in our hearts for these ladies and I want to pay my respects and introduce Smug-Baby to their family. I know that Bee will be lost for a while without her little sister. It is very sad.

OK, to end this post on a happy note, I was typing away and I heard a noise from the bedroom. I got up to see if Smug-Baby was awake. It took a moment for my brain to figure out what my eyes were seeing. Instead of lieing on the bed, waiting for my to come get her, Smug-Baby had pulled herself up to her knees and was sitting at the edge of the bed, arms resting on the little gate thing we have to keep her in the bed, and was just smiling at me, waiting for me to come and kiss her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment