Friday, April 15, 2011

Random Rant and Updates on Life!

Once again I am feeling irritated with people. I am still nursing my over 1 year old daughter and while I have gotten some curious looks when I am nursing in public, no one has ever said anything negative to my face. I have even had several people come up to me and tell me how great it is that I am still nursing and doing it with pride.

However, this is not the case for some of my nursing mother friends. They are getting nasty looks, comments and told to "cover up" by total strangers. What is even worse and about the most horrible thing ever is the family members. People who are supposed to love you and support you and stand up for you are telling you that you are wrong for your choices!! Like their choices are so much better! WTF!!

My family has always been supportive and respectful, and for that I am forever grateful and for that I am always shocked that people have family members who are so rude and disrespectful of choice. I am foaming at the mouth for my friend who is dealing with this right now and I want to drive to where she is and giver her judgmental, non-supportive, undermining, classless family members a piece of my mind!!!! But I won't, I will simply post about it here and hope that any of you reading out there will think about this post before you shoot off at the mouth about how someone else's parenting differs from your own! OK, I'm done with this rant!

I am currently beyond exhausted. I have PMS and a teething baby on my hands and she has been a handful all day! I did manage to get most of my workout done with the help of my neighbor's 11 year old daughter who came over to play with Smug-Baby for a while. It was actually really nice. Smug-Baby didn't like my being out of her sight (mostly due to the teething I think), so I only got about 15 minutes of cardio done, but then I changed the sheets on the bed, uploaded photos to Facebook, paid some bills and straightened up the clutter in the house. That was a great $5 spent!! I think that I will have her back at least one hour a week and work up to more. I would love to get my cardio workout done everyday (this is the only thing that I can't do with Smug-Baby around as she would get kicked) and work on those little nagging projects without having to stop to comfort her or pick up after she has emptied her dresser for example. Regardless, today I am beat. Smug-Hub is due home any minute and I have dinner all cooked and ready to serve and then Smug-Baby and I are going to crash into bed! She is really tired and it has been a struggle to keep her up, but if I let her nap we will all be up all night and I'm not sure I can keep my eyes open another moment!!

I have not heard back from the dealer on my desired new car. I left him a message on his voicemail a few hours ago, but have not gotten a call back. It is probably a sales technique, to make me think that he is 1) working hard on making the deal, 2) that my deal isn't really worth his time, 3) give me time to think about the car more and more and how much I want it, so when he does call with a higher offer, I will be more inclined to take it. Really it is just making me think that I need to find another dealer who actually wants to sell me a car!!

Smug-Hub is much more on board than previously also. I think that he spent some time looking online at cars and prices and  MPG and such and is now more inclined to believe me when I say that this is a really great deal!! So, if the dealer calls me back tonight or tomorrow.... I'm gonna get the Orange one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment