Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Working Out and Eating Out

I didn’t workout again today. I feel badly about it, but I spent the time I had once I got home from work cooking. I made most of the time consuming components of the meals that I plan on serving this week. I made Scrambled Tofu for my breakfasts the rest of the week, BBQ Tofu, Roasted Veggies, White Bean Soup, and Meatloaf. I will need to make cornbread to go with the soup and a salad to serve with the tofu and veggies, but most of the cooking for the week is complete. While I was doing this cooking, Smug-Baby was mostly content in the backpack or playing on the floor. I had Malt-Shop Oldies playing on the TV (you know, those music only channels with cable or satellite), and we danced together to “Do The Twist”, “Splish, Splash I Was Taking a Bath” and “Jailhouse Rock” to name a very few!! She laughed and danced and wiggled while I did the mashed potato and bounced around the kitchen. While it wasn’t a full 30 minutes of hardcore dance cardio, it was some movement and since I did a long walk with Smug-Grandma too, I am not going to be too hard on myself about it!

Smug-Sister is going to have some light afternoons and I may try to come home for a bit during the day to get some stuff done. I have my spring cleaning chore each day and my workout to try to fit in, so having a little bit of time in the afternoon to knock something out would be great. Also, now with having most of the dinners done for the week, that gives me more time in the evening to get stuff done as well.

I contacted a lady on craigslist about a mini trampoline for $20 and I think that if I can find something cheep like that it will help me do the cardio routine without killing my knees! There is even a whole dance cardio routine that Tracy designed for use with the trampoline so it could be really good.

Tracy’s whole thing is that perfection is possible. While I really like her attitude and her knowledge of anatomy, but I don’t want to be “perfect”, well OK, sure I would love to be perfect, but what is really important to me is being healthy and vital and full of life and feeling great and being able to keep up with my daughter (who is starting to run BTW!!). I want to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror and feel strong! I think that Tracy’s workouts are the way to get where I want to be, but I don’t want to be perfect and I certainly don’t want to have to do the upkeep to stay perfect!! I want to be strong more than anything else!! I want to feel good more than anything else!! I want to see beauty when I look in the mirror!! Nothing more nothing less!!

As for eating out, Smug-Grandma and I went to Isaac’s for lunch today and it was freaking amazing! They have an all you can eat soup and salad lunch and the salad bar is the best one that I have ever seen. The coolest thing was that they went to the trouble of actually cutting up the veggies! You know when you go to a salad bar; they have the large strips or circles of green pepper? Or the whole big rounds of cucumber? You end up spending your time cutting everything up instead of just digging in! Well, Isaac’s has diced cucumber and diced green and red pepper. They have peas and corn and chick peas. They have feta and two other kinds of cheese. They have pasta salad and potato salad, homemade croutons and a wonderful blue cheese vinaigrette dressing. I was really impressed with the colors and variety and presentation of the whole thing! The soups they had were potato feta and lentil and kale. I had the lentil and it was wonderful! Full of chunks of potato and lentils, greens and a delicious broth; I was in heaven!!

The thing that I complain about most is not being able to eat out somewhere and get really good quality food at a reasonable price that allows me to stay mostly vegan (I did partake of the blue cheese dressing). The cost for this huge amount of food is $6.95!! The wait staff was wonderful and attentive and I was really, really impressed. I may have to eat there for lunch everyday!!

I am about to get the baby into bed, wish us luck for another decent night of sleep and wish me luck on getting the upstairs bathroom and our bedroom spring cleaned tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment