Thursday, February 9, 2012

Time Off

I took another day off since Smug-Baby's fever was back in full force all night. The poor girl slept wrapped around my chest most of the night - Comforting for her, but way uncomfortable for me. Her fever broke around 3 and she was all sweaty, but she slept better and more soundly after that.

Today she is acting much like her old self, running around and playing so I am hoping that she is feeling better and the worst is behind her on this. Her nose is running a lot, but other than that, she seems perfect!

I took her over to the new library and it was amazing! There was this wonderful kids area with stuffed animals, blocks, puppets and a table for a ton of trains. Smug-Baby really had a great time and I think that it will be added to our weekly outings!

Now we are back home and she is down for her nap. I really need to spend some time getting the diapers washed, kitchen cleaned up and the house straightened up overall. I really need to clean the bathrooms and clean out the car too. I should also nap while she is napping, but the other stuff that needs to be done is weighing heavily on my mind and I don't think that I will be able to rest with all this stuff hanging over my head.

We don't have many plans for the weekend so I know that I will be able to get caught up on things, but still... I want to walk around my house without tripping over blocks and I want to eat without having to wash a spoon first!

I am so grateful to have had the vacation time on the books to be able to stay home and take care of my sick girl, but at the same time it messed up my routine and I don't do well without a list, a timeline, a routine, a schedule. Its a curse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment