Friday, February 24, 2012

Weekend Plan

I am going to have an amazing weekend! I got up early this morning to get all packed and now that I am already to go, I have time for a quick post before I head off to work.

I am going to my friend's home to meet her daughter for the first time! Smug-Baby and I will head up there today as soon as I finish work and while I am packed to spend the night, I may just come home in the evening. I don't want to add any stress to my friend, she just had a baby and I know how tiring it can be to have visitors day in and day out and to add someone wanting clean towels to the mix can just be too much. We will play that part by ear!

The drive will take a little more than 90 minutes and I am thinking that Smug-Baby will nap most of the way and be happy once we arrive. Best laid plans and all, so we will see how that goes.

I picked up a little something for the new baby and a birthday gift for my friend's son, who turned two yesterday! I also picked up a new toy for Smug-Baby, thinking that she would be preoccupied with her own bag to dig into and let the boy open his own birthday gift!! Again, best laid plans...

I am so looking forward to seeing my friend! I haven't seen her since New Years and I miss her terribly! It is so hard to find people that you really connect with and don't drive you nuts on one level or another and while I am happy that she is happy in her new city, I really hate that she moved so far away!

We don't agree on every issue but the thing that makes this friendship great is that agreeing on every issue isn't the basis of our friendship and it simply doesn't matter to her that I think dairy is the devil that I can't seem to give up and I don't care that she eats meat! Our friendship is based on the fact that we both know what it is like to be seen as different and to feel judgment for our choices. We understand how much that hurts and how desperately we need to be loved and accepted for who we are and have it understood that we are making the best, most educated decisions about our lives, children, families and parenting styles as possible.

We may not do everything that same, but we are really on the same path of loving and caring about each other, not in spite of our differences but because of them.

All that being said, we really do agree on a lot of things and perhaps we would find it hard to be as fast friends if we were not on the same page about so much, but regardless I hold her very dear and I am so excited about seeing her!

I am also really excited to see how Smug-Baby reacts to the new baby. She has gotten very into babies lately, pointing them out when we see one and carrying around her baby books (the ones Santa brought her about being a big sister and having a new baby in the house). When you ask her where her baby brother is, often she will pat her own stomach. However, we aren't really around a lot of babies for any length of time so I am interested to see what she thinks of one up close.

Ok, I have to load all this stuff into the car and head off to work! Just a few short hours and I will be making faces at a new sweet and squishy baby of love!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment