Thursday, September 23, 2010

How I Celebrated My Anniversary

I didn't. Well, we decided to wait until Friday or Saturday to celebrate because Smug-Hub is suffering from allergies or a head cold and was feeling lousy. I was also feeling slightly sick to my stomach and it was raining, so we decided to stay home and have some play time as a family and make it an early night. We will celebrate later.

Smug-Baby is also suffering, she started sneezing over and over yesterday afternoon and by the evening had developed a runny nose. She woke up about midnight screaming and screaming and I was not able to get her to latch on, so Smug-Hub took her to the rocking chair until she calmed down and fell back asleep. She woke screaming and coughing again at 2 and I took my turn at the rocking chair and she finally did nurse and fall back asleep.

I feel a bit zombie-like this morning, but mostly I am concerned about my sweet girl. She is only 7 months old and she has never been sick before and I don't know what I can do to help ease her symptoms. I know that kids cold medicines have been recalled as of late and I don't know what would be safe, add to that the fact that we get sick because our bodies are fighting to rid itself of something bad and taking something for the symptoms can sometimes lead to a longer illness or more problems in the long run.

I was reading online about a humidifier and VICKS chest rub for babies, so I may stop and get something along those lines to try to help her. She does not feel feverish to me, so I hope that her steady diet of breastmilk will inoculate her enough that this "cold" or whatever will pass quickly.

I spent most of the day yesterday thinking about what I was doing 3 years ago. I looked at the clock at 1:45 and thought back to how I was waiting in the little room in the back of the church for everything to start and I heard my future husband's voice as he greeted our guests and got ready to take his place. I remember breathing easy knowing that he was there and sounded happy and excited.

We have had our rough moments over the last 3 years and the 4 years of dating before that, but it has been just that - moments. We have never fought for longer than a few moments, been angry for longer than a few hours, or held onto something for longer than a day. We know that we love each other and will do anything and everything to make this marriage work and last. We pick our battles and never stop loving each other.

I married my best friend and the greatest man in the universe. I picked the best father for my sweet girl and the best husband ever. We aren't perfect but we are perfect for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment