Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love Ya Tomorrow...

I have been focusing on the negative the last few days and have decided that I have to stop. I have this really great life and to spend my time worrying about the future or complaining about things not going my way does nothing. I want to be a positive person and it's time that I start to focus on all the wonderful things that I have in my life and all the great things that my future holds.

I have this amazing husband who totally gets me! He loves me and cares about me, he calls me on my bullshit and forgives me when I say something insensitive. I could not have asked for anything more in a father for my daughter. He is great with her and loves her with his whole being. He is even more protective of her than I am and she loves him right back.

I have a great home that is perfect for my family. While there are projects that I would like to do around the house to make it better and I sometimes complain (OK, I complain a lot) about them not getting done, my house is great and I love it! It is newer so we don't have to worry about roof repair, furnace, water heater or heat pump crapping out anytime soon. I love the layout and the wall colors and everything about it!

I have a wonderful job that allows me to bring in some income and still spend most of my day being a mother. I have been with my company over 9 years and it is like my home and the people that work here are my family. I have no interest in leaving or finding another job. I honestly believe that I would still work here even if I won the lotto and didn't need the money anymore. Someone asked me if after having earned my MBA I was disappointed to me working as a mail clerk/file clerk, and while my job does involve more than just that, my answer is no, I am not disappointed. This is my dream job, a job that allows me to be a mother. It's not running a company or making six figures, but it is my dream job all the same.

I also have an amazing family. My mom and sister are my best friends and Smug-Hub and I hang out more with my dad and step-mom than we do any other couple. My daughter has 5, count'um 5 uncles! Smug-Hub's brothers, all three of them, are just as amazing as he is and they will all make great husbands and fathers. Smug-Sister's husband is great with my daughter, nephews and my new baby niece and makes my sister happy. My brother will try to tell you that he never wants to marry and have children, but loves kids all the same and has proposed to all three of women he has seriously dated. He too will make a great father one day.

My MIL and extended family are full of so much love and support that its hard to believe they are real! I know that I complain about the crap I get from people about not starting solids, or having natural childbirth, or any of the other things that I am doing differently, but none of that criticism comes from my family. I hear horror stories about people whose MIL's will give the baby formula behind the parents backs or be super critical and none of that is true in the case of my MIL or my extended family.

So, remind me of this post the next time I get upset that someone got the photos in the photo album out of order or forgot to put the toilet seat back down. I have a great life and I totally know it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment