Monday, September 27, 2010

Rough Week

Last week was supposed to be the kick off for my getting in shape and eating better. Well, we both ate slightly better than we have been, but both Smug-Baby and Smug-Hub were sick. My poor baby girl was not feeling like being put down and just needed to be rocked in the glider for hours on end. While I am totally happy to be and do what ever she needs, it was hard to watch the week go by and working out not happen, food prep not happen and the house work not happen.

She seems to have gotten mostly better over the weekend and my  hope is that I can get myself back on track today for the rest of the week. I have decided to give Southern Living Mama's advice a try and follow the Home-Ec 101 weekly chore schedule this week and see if it would work for me. I got to thinking about how, when the baby is not feeling up to it, getting 3-4 hours of housework done is impossible, but doing one or two things each of those days when she was napping would have been better for me. So, I'm going to give it a shot. I am also going to make a daily chore list for Smug-Hub that he can try to do in the mornings when he is at home and I'm working. This should help him pick up after himself and create less work for me!

The whole month of September has been fairly mild. There have been several days where we have turned off the AC and opened the windows as fall seemed to be in the air. Then this last week, while my poor baby was feeling so sick, the weather turned super hot and humid again. It was 93 one day and 95 the next and wouldn't you know, the AC stopped working! It got up to 87 one day and 89 the next, in my house - even with all the windows open and the fan blowing.

Smug-Baby and I just sat in the hot house, sweating and lethargic. She was feeling bad and just wanted to be held and you hot sticky little body against mine made me even hotter. The AC guy came on Friday afternoon to fix it and it took several hours for the house to cool back down, also its going to be a hefty bill, but I am sure glad to have it fixed and be sleeping in comfort again!!

So, all in all, I did what I had to do last week to help my sweet girl feel better and survive the heat. This week, I am getting back on track and focusing on small items each day, rather than trying to do everything all at once. This is seeming to result in nothing getting done properly!

Today, I will focus on the laundry, preparing food for the week, a wipe down of the kitchen and making the list for Smug-Hub. I also got The Killers from Netflix and I would like to relax some and watch that - mixing the work with the fun - I like it!!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know, it IS hard. Just keep at it, you're doing fine. Until your kid (or any that follow) get out of diapers and out of the stage where you have to watch their every move, it's exhausting. As long as you get that part done, everything else can wait.
    My youngest just turned three and it seems like life is finally starting to regain some sanity.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have to let me borrow that movie before you return it, I want to see it!
    Are you going to take down all your curtains and wash all of them today?? LOL

    ReplyDelete