Friday, April 6, 2012

Baby Bug

My best friend gave birth to her first child on Tuesday and he is totally adorable! He arrived after about a 12 hour labor, all natural birth and is nursing well! Mom is doing great and from the pictures I received, both mom and dad are over the moon in love with their new little one! When I talked to her on the phone yesterday (Wednesday) she told me her birth story (which was positive) and we talked about things to do once she is home and all that stuff. The whole time we talked, this little man of hers was sleeping and then suddenly I heard it... The squeaks and squeals of a 32 hour old baby boy! I just about lost my mind!!!!

I hung up quickly to let her go be a mama and told Smug-Hub that we just had to have another baby!! He reminded me once again that I am already pregnant and will have a little squeaking man in my own arms in a matter of weeks!

But I have the baby bug now!! I want June to hurry up and get here so I can squeeze him already! I want to see his little face and hold his little fingers and kiss every inch of him! I can hardly wait to see how Smug-Baby reacts to him and while I know that the adjustment will be challanging, I am really ready and hope that these last few months pass quickly!

I only have a few more weeks of work left until the lay-off takes effect and I am really looking forward to having the last month of this pregnancy off and be able to get into a rhythm at home and finish all those last minute preparations.

I am so happy for my friend! She has been my best friend since we were 4 and our sisters were babies. We met, bonded and have been friends ever since. She now lives far away and I am really lucky if I see her once every few years and we only e-mail and talk on the phone occasionally, but we are bonded for life and I can't wait to see what kind of mother she is and be able to talk kid things with her. When you have been friends with someone for over 30 years they become family and she is more of a sister than a friend and I keep calling this baby my nephew! She is Aunt Jen to Smug-Baby and I am looking so forward to the next time I can see her and meet her little man and have her meet mine!

I am just waiting. Waiting to finish work. Waiting for my son to arrive. Waiting to meet my new nephew. Waiting to see my best friend in the whole world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment