Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tired

I have had two really bad nights in a row and it has made me realize that I haven't had many bad nights lately. Smug-Baby has gotten into a good habit of waking at about 3, crawling into bed with us and going right back to sleep. I haven't had to get up to pee as often as I had been either, so I have been sleeping better. The last two nights haven't gone well at all!!

Night before last, I kept having to go to the bathroom; feeling sick to my stomach. In addition, Smug-Hub's mask kept squealing all night so that made it hard to get back to sleep each time I had to get up. I decided not to go to work and give myself time to sleep in, but I didn't really get back to sleep after about 5am anyway, but it was probably a good thing that I stayed home.

Last night, Smug-Baby woke at 1:24 and never really went back to sleep until just after 4am. She tossed and turned and played with my hand and was in this kind of half sleep that wasn't really a "real" sleep and I couldn't fall back asleep because she was moving around so much. Then I had to pee and she became fully awake and wanted to get up. She tried asking for water and asking to pee but I didn't get out of bed. She hit me in the face a few times to try to get me to wake up and that resulted in a pissed off, exhausted mama trying not to hit back! Finally just after 4, she fell into that nice deep sleep and I was able to get out of bed and get ready for work. I was afraid to let myself fall back asleep because I might not have let myself hear the alarm or the alarm would have reawakened Smug-Baby, so I just got up.

I think that I will have to make myself take a nap today. I really need to use her nap time to get these diapers worked on so Mom can sew them and we can finally be finished with all the refreshing. That is the last really big "to do" on my list and it is weighing heavily on my mind.

I think that next Friday is going to be my last day of work and then all these bad nights, early mornings will be behind me. Sleeping in will be a daily event :) OK, maybe not sleeping in really, but sleeping until 7 or 8? That would be amazing and I think I really need it!!

For today, I am ready for work and about to leave for the office and I am so tired I can't think straight, but it is only for a few hours and only for a few more days. We have a wonderful weekend planned and then my last week of work followed by another wonderful weekend followed by no more work!! I can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment