Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Marriage

I am irritated with my darling husband this morning. Smug-Baby went to sleep at 8:33 last night and I went to bed with her. About 10:30 she became restless and I thought she was going to wake up fully, but she ended up falling back asleep. However, she tossed and turned and wiggled and kicked and was all around restless all night.

Now, I have reported to Smug-Hub that Smug-Baby sleeps so much more peacefully when he is in the bed with us and the reason for this is, I think, because she hates the covers and kicks them off constantly but then she gets cold. When he is in bed, we are all warmer because my husband is like a furnace! She sleeps better because she can sleep without covers and still be warm. Without him, she still kicks off the covers, but then is cold and therefore restless.

My husband doesn't like to go to bed at 8:30 or 9:00 when Smug-Baby and I go to sleep and I don't really blame him. But he has committed to coming to bed by 11, except it NEVER happens!! He came to bed at 3:47 this morning - a full 33 minutes before I have to get up for work! As soon as he climbed into bed Smug-Baby settled down and was sleeping deeply and soundly when I got up for work. To bad for me that I didn't get any sleep.

He used to do this before Smug-Baby came along and I would always complain about it because it felt like I was sleeping alone and I didn't get married to sleep alone. I like to hear him breathing and feel his warmth. I like to wake up wrapped in his arms. He likes to watch TV apparently...

I really thought that once I told him how much it affects his daughter he would make more of an effort to come to bed on a regular schedule, but it hasn't. I don't know what to do. We have talked about it until talking about it again would just be silly.

Most people go to bed at the same time as their partner. People generally like sleeping together which is why they live together and get married and all that mess. Why doesn't my husband like sleeping with his wife? Maybe that needs to be the question. Do I snore? Kick him? Take up more than my half of the bed? Since this staying up all night behavior started before Smug-Baby, I have to think that it is me and not her.

What to do, what to do....

No one ever said marriage would be easy :)

3 comments:

  1. this has been an issue in our house since the day we got married! I guess it's the difference between night people and morning people? I don't know. Drives me batty too. If you figure it out, lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have went through that so much it is terble and me and my husband have been together for 12 years. Ok this is what you do. If you have room in your bedroom get a recliner. It doesn't have to be fancy, but I paid about 530.00 for mine. If you have a tv in your bedroom he is still watching tv and you have the comfort of knowing he's in the room with you. I like the recliner becaue now he'll sit in it and help fold laundry read with the kids and other helpful things. Just a suggestion.

    Tawanika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, when he see's you in bed all cuddly with Mary it may make him a little more aware of his arrangement with you.

    ReplyDelete