Thursday, January 26, 2012

Exciting Day

Tomorrow we have our detailed sonogram and will hopefully find out the gender of Little-Smug! I am really excited to know and work on finalizing a name for this little person.

I have been really worried that they will find something wrong or will not be able to tell the sex, but I am trying to be positive. I just feel like the way my luck is going...

I have had two short conversations with Smug-Baby about not having Binky's at night anymore and today she nursed to sleep for her nap quickly but hasn't asked to nurse at other times at all. I also napped when she did today to make up for the less than 3 hours of sleep I got last night and we both slept for 2 hours (well, I dozed and kept having to get up to pee - grrr). I feel a lot more ready to go into tonight. I plan on nursing her to sleep but trying not to let her nurse if/when she climbs into bed with us.

If she cries really hard and is upset I will just nurse her and we can all go back to sleep. Tomorrow I will just keep talking about Binky's being owe and how we can't have Binky's in the middle of the night anymore and see how it goes. I don't want to start anything hard core until the weekend when it won't matter if I don't sleep all night.

I am really committed to finding a gentle way to wean that causes at little hardship for Smug-Baby and for me. Since I am feeling fairly rested at the moment, the thought of the night ahead doesn't fill me with horror, but I have to say I am not looking forward to it either...

So, wish us luck for a good solid nights sleep tonight and all positive things from the ultrasound tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment