Monday, January 16, 2012


Last night/this morning was another horrible night of sleep (or not sleeping) for Smug-Baby. She woke first at 11:35 to Smug-Hub's wonderful snoring. I climbed down into her bed and nursed her back to sleep. It took about 45 minutes because of all the snoring and his failure to believe me when I threatened his life before I moved to the baby bed. After she was finally asleep, I stabbed my husband 47 times in the chest with my imaginary hunting knife and he put on his mask and we all settled down.

At 1 am, she woke again and this time wanted to come into our bed, which was fine, but she was totally awake, asking for water and talking up a storm and flipping around and flopping over and generally not interested in going back to sleep. We got up for water, we moved back to her bed for more of the same and back to our bed again. Finally at 5am, she fell back asleep but I was unable to get back to sleep. I guess my body is used to waking for work and didn't feel the need to go back to sleep.

I finally gave in and got up at 6. I started a load of diapers in the wash and cleaned both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. Then I swept and mopped the bathroom floors, the kitchen floor and the entry-way floor. Then I dusted everything (except the bedroom where Smug-Baby and Smug-Hub were sleeping peacefully - jerk faces!!). Then I went around and got all the misc. stuff picked up and the floors ready for the vacuum. I put away the clean dishes and washed a few left over ones.

At 8, I heard Smug-Baby wake so I got her up and Smug-Hub too (since if I couldn't sleep in late, then by God neither would he!!) and we made Smug-Baby some cream of wheat and while she ate and he was making our breakfast, I vacuumed the house. I finished just as he set the plates of food on the table.

It was SO good!! I was tired and worn out and cold and breakfast was warm and gooey and totally hit the spot!! Smug-Baby ate every bite of her cream of wheat and then wanted more, so Smug-Hub fried some potatoes and scrambled her an egg and she ate every bite of that too!! Then, she wanted MORE!! She had a bowl of Cheerios and only then did she asked to get down from the table! I guess she was making up for not having eaten much over the last few days!! I guess maybe she is feeling better?

I cleaned up the kitchen (only fair since he cooked) while they played catch with the bouncy ball. Then we decided that we hadn't been to church in ages and we really wanted to go. So into the shower we all hopped and got all dressed and ready. Smug-Baby asked for more "bites" before we left the house and had some Silk Protein and Juice and some raisins before being bundled into her coat, hat and mittens for the drive to church.

The service was nice, or would have been, but Smug-Baby wasn't really excited about having to be quiet so Smug-Hub and I took turns walking around with her outside of the sanctuary so I missed most of it. By the time we were getting down to the last 10 minutes, she was really done and I took her outside until Smug-Hub finished up with Communion and we took off.

She was asleep within seconds of getting home and getting laid down. She slept for almost 3 hours at which time I woke her up! I don't want to have another night of not sleeping! During her nap, I worked on laundry and Smug-Hub and I made some lunch. I ended up dozing on the couch for a bit while watching the football game, but it wasn't really a nap.

After she got woken up and had a peanut butter sandwich and yogurt for lunch Smug-Hub took her to hang out with Smug-Grandma while I spent a few hours working on our downstairs room. This room is really the catch all place for the stuff we don't use a lot and stuff we don't want Smug-Baby getting into. The reason for today's cleaning was that I really needed to gather all the medical bills and charitable contributions together so that when we get our W-2's I can file our taxes right away. While I was down there I filed all the various pieces of paperwork that I had tossed on the desk, threw away a bunch of trash, organized the entire desk and filing area and picked up all the misc. stuff laying around.

The room is still a mess, we had to move a shelf for the heat pump repair guy and since the part is on order, we can't put everything back together yet, but the desk looks great and I am all ready to file the taxes.

While they were gone, I also clipped the coupons from the paper and finished the last of the laundry and put everything away. I am currently blogging as they are on their way home now and I need to think about dinner - maybe simple pasta and sauce, I am getting a bit tired!

Overall, I feel really good about the day. Yes, I am really tired from not getting good sleep last night, but I got a lot done around the house and I feel like I am starting the week off on a good note!

Here is hoping that Smug-Baby is tired and ready to sleep all night long!!!

UPDATE: No such luck! She wasn't tired at all and didn't fall asleep until almost 11!!!! Then she only fell asleep in our bed and spent the night rolling over to nurse about 4 times, waking me all night. I hate this!! I needed the sleep so badly to make up for the night before! I think that her long nap must have just been too long! I hate Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment