Friday, January 6, 2012

Letting Go

We all know the saying "Let go and let God" meaning to trust that you will be led in the right direction and even if something seems hard or wrong or terrible, there is a higher purpose that you may not now or ever understand, but there is a reason and you need to roll with it.

The problem is that there is also the saying we all know "God helps those who help themselves" and that seems to mean that you have to be an active participant in your life and work hard and then God will help bring good things into your life.

How does one balance those two? If something seemingly bad happens to you, do you simply let the chips fall where they may, let the right path be shown to you in a dream or vision or have someone walk up to you and hand you the answer? Do you push ahead, trying to find the right path on your own, push for answers, push for a resolution?

I personally feel like there needs to be a balance between the two, you have to be open for God to send you the answers, but you can't stay in bed all day waiting for your problems to be solved for you. You have to keep your eyes and head and heart open to the answers and when you find the right one it will all fall into place for you, but you have to be the one doing the looking.

I struggle with that all the time. I really thought that I would have the peaceful home birth that I always wanted but I have been led down another path. I spent a lot of time feeling really upset about that. Like I had been forced into giving birth in a way I wasn't happy about and I am still having issues with it. But I am really trying to adjust my thinking to feel more like I am being led in the right direction and God will take care of me.

I thought that I had things figured out in most areas of my life and things are suddenly changing around a lot and I am feeling very unbalanced and like I am going to fall off the edge at any moment. But I am, again, trying to let go of the fear and panic and know that God only sends good things into my life and there is a reason for all that is happening now and perhaps someday those reasons will be revealed to me.

It is all easier said than done though...

No comments:

Post a Comment